Today I’m going to share with you my thoughts on the Samsung Galaxy Watch 6, the latest smartwatch from Samsung that was released in August 2023. I’ve been using it for a week now, and I have to say, I’m impressed by what it can do. Here are some of the highlights of this amazing device.
Design and display
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 comes in two sizes: 40mm and 43mm. It has a sleek and sporty design, with slim bezels and a curved AMOLED display that is bright and colorful. The display has a resolution of 396 x 396 pixels for the 40mm model, and 450 x 450 pixels for the 43mm model. It also supports an adaptive refresh rate of up to 120Hz, which makes everything look smooth and responsive.
The watch has a new interchangeable band mechanism that makes it easy to swap out the straps. You can choose from a variety of colors and materials, such as leather, silicone, nylon, and metal. The watch is also water-resistant up to 5 ATM, so you can wear it while swimming or showering.
One of the coolest features of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 is the physical rotating bezel on the Galaxy Watch 6 Classic model. This is a fan-favorite feature that was missing from the previous generation, and I’m glad it’s back. The bezel allows you to navigate the watch’s interface by turning it left or right. It also provides a satisfying tactile feedback and a satisfying click sound.
Features and performance
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 runs on Samsung’s own version of Wear OS, which is a collaboration between Samsung and Google. This means that you can access both Samsung’s and Google’s apps and services on the watch, such as Samsung Health, Google Assistant, Google Maps, Google Pay, and more. You can also download thousands of apps from the Google Play Store or the Galaxy Store.
The watch is powered by the Exynos W930 chipset, which is a custom-made processor for wearables. It also has 1.5GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. The performance of the watch is smooth and fast, with no noticeable lag or stuttering. You can easily switch between apps, notifications, widgets, and watch faces.
The watch also supports LTE connectivity, which means that you can use it without your phone nearby. You can make calls, send messages, stream music, and access online services on the watch itself. However, this will drain the battery faster than using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
The battery life of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 is similar to that of the previous generation. It can last for about two days on a single charge with normal use, or up to seven days in power saving mode. However, if you use GPS, LTE, or other intensive features, the battery life will be shorter. The good news is that the watch supports wireless charging and fast charging. You can charge it from zero to 100% in about an hour.
Health and fitness
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 is also a great device for health and fitness enthusiasts. It has a variety of sensors and features that can help you monitor your wellness and activity levels. Some of these include:
- Heart rate sensor: The watch can measure your heart rate continuously throughout the day and night. It can also alert you if your heart rate is too high or too low.
- Blood pressure monitor: The watch can measure your blood pressure using an app called Samsung Health Monitor. You need to calibrate the watch with a cuff-based device first, and then you can check your blood pressure anytime on your wrist.
- ECG monitor: The watch can also perform an electrocardiogram (ECG) test using the same app as above. This can help you detect any irregularities in your heart rhythm, such as atrial fibrillation (AFib).
- SpO2 sensor: The watch can measure your blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) level using an app called Samsung Health Measure. This can help you assess your respiratory health and detect any signs of hypoxia.
- Body composition analysis: The watch can estimate your body fat percentage, muscle mass, body water percentage, bone mass, basal metabolic rate (BMR), and body mass index (BMI) using an app called Samsung Health Body Composition. You need to hold the watch with both hands and wait for about 15 seconds for the results.
- Sleep tracking: The watch can track your sleep quality and duration using an app called Samsung Health Sleep. It can also provide you with insights and tips on how to improve your sleep habits.
- Stress management: The watch can measure your stress level using an app called Samsung Health Stress. It can also guide you through breathing exercises to help you relax.
- Fall detection: The watch can detect if you fall down and send an SOS message to your emergency contacts with your location.
- Custom workout: The watch can help you create your own multi-stage workouts with different exercises, durations, and intensities. You can also choose from over 100 preloaded workouts on the watch.
The watch can also track various types of activities, such as walking, running, cycling, swimming, hiking, golfing, and more. It can automatically recognize and record some of these activities, or you can manually start and stop them. The watch can also sync with third-party apps, such as Strava, Spotify, and more.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 is an excellent smartwatch that offers a lot of features and functionality. It has a beautiful design and display, a smooth and fast performance, a versatile and user-friendly interface, and a comprehensive and accurate health and fitness tracking. It also has a decent battery life and wireless charging support.
The only drawbacks of the watch are that it is slightly more expensive than the previous generation, and that it still suffers from the same battery limitations as most smartwatches. However, these are minor issues compared to the overall quality and value of the device.
If you are looking for a new smartwatch that can do it all, the Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 is definitely worth considering. It is one of the best smartwatches on the market right now, and it will surely enhance your lifestyle and well-being.
I hope you enjoyed this review of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 6. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Thanks for reading!